Thursday 15 March 2018

Properhammer Orcs v Bretonnians

Both kids were swimming but for once I was not called upon to act as taxi and then stand getting soggy as a judge. Steve was returned from the desolate wasteland known as Worcester and so a game was afoot.
Naturally when unencumbered by General B and his irrational dislike of all that is good about toy soldiers we were able to play some Proper Warhammer 8th edition.
Ranked units, magic phases, the LOT!

I took Orcs and Steve took Bretonnians.
I had forgotten how devastating trebuchets are.

The field of WAR(hammer 8th edition)

I had also forgotten about Pegasus knights

Peasants. LOL.

A bog block o' goblins

Big Uns and Trolls

The battle began with me pushing my boarboys slightly too far and them getting charged. Fortunately they held.

Unfortunately they lost and ran away the following turn. A return to form after their heroics last time out.

Lotsa Knights

Double LOL.

Steve concentrated fire on the Big Uns, so they were somewhat below par when charged in the face by All The Knights.



The Goblins had a sudden rush of blood to the head and charged the pegasus knights who had just ejected their chums from the tower.



It looked spectacular, but did not end well.

The knights inevitably broke and ran down the Big Uns and then turned on the remaining spider riders. This was game over for the Greenskins

Good to get the Warhammer toys out, though I feel a bit rusty these days.
We've agreed on another Good Friday Massacre, so I need to get my drinking boots on.

No comments:

Post a Comment